Plum(p) up that pout with bold and daring stains which are creating waves this season. The neutrals are passé for now. These rich colours are making a huge statement this fall. They are gorgeous and part of the red, purple and plum family.
We open up our kitty to the top few plum lip colours that need to be a part of your vanity kit
- Mac Rebel Lipstick: The MAC lipstick in Rebel has an even texture and covers pigmentation. It ensures rich colour in a single stroke. It is one of the top favourite of the Hollywood stars. It is super rich with a deep colour concentration.
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick Plumberry: A good pick for weddings, cocktails and other festive occasions. It has a soft pink undertone. A perfect match for dusky to dark skin tones. Apply it on and it stays for over 5 hours. The lip stain is pocket friendly too.
- Bobbi Brown; Crushed Plum- It’s the right mix between creamy and matte. It covers pigmentation in a stroke. Apply and forget. It stays on for over 6 hours. This plum-mauve mix works as a day and night wear option.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Venom- UD’s venomous shade is another one in the family of plum shades. This very berry colour is sure to make heads turn and make the right impact.
- Estée Lauder’s Insolent Plum- A very radiant yet a cool toned berry. This hydrating lip colour is shimmery in nature and on a closer look has shades of blue hidden under. It’s the right balance of opacity and a translucent look lasting for around 6 hours.
- Lancôme Rouge In Love Lipstick; Berry In Love. It has a creamy, rich texture on application. Gives a glossy look without making it gooey or sticky.
Eminent makeup artist Vidya Tikari’s take on the bold plum lip colours this fall Plum takes over the bright peaches and reds this summer. It’s rich and juicy and it also is a fresher version of the vintage purples look that we all saw so much of in last winter.